Friday, June 19, 2009

A Good Story

Blog 1
Kampala, Uganda
June 19, 2009

Dear Family and Friends,

We are here in Kampala, Uganda visiting friends before we go to Kisumu, Kenya where we will be for the next 3 ½ months volunteering. Some of you may remember that when we volunteered here a year or so ago, we helped a young woman who was dying of AIDS and TB become better. When we first met her she only weighed 32 kilos. Well this young woman, now 19 weighs over 45 kilos, and some even call her fat. It is remarkable how an organization like the one we were involved with coupled with modern life saving drugs and a good dose of compassion can not only save lives, but make them wholesome. So when we visited her a couple of days ago, she gave us this letter which we want to share with you. There are lots of feel bad stories here in this part of the world, but here is a feel good story.

Love and Hugs,
Peter and Hinda

P.S. Am having my 71st birthday here in Kampala with Ugandan friends and family.


“14 June 2009
Hullo Mr. Peter,
I’m very glad that your back and see how I am now. I’m relly very happy & my thanks goes to K*** as a whole, Mr. LK and more especially to you who gave me all the support while I was bed ridden. Your support, the care from the organization contributed a lot to my gaining back my life. Though I was down I was relly appreciating whatever you were doing & supporting. Dear Mr. Peter you were so kind, loving & caring for me. There’s nothing I can do as a reward but just to say thank you & may the almighty God add like 100 years to your life. As you left I remained still in the hands of the K*** organization & Uncle K continued to look after me up to where you’ve found me now. I’m now healthy & enjoying myself which I thought would not come. Dear Peter, how can I thank you!!! Even if I die now I will go with a clean heart because of the love, care & support you & the organization showed me. I will keep on praying for you day and knight because I take you & the K*** management as my savior. This is just a message of appreciation to you coz I’m very very happy for your coming back & finding me walking, doing everything as others.
Lots of Love from, JN”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home